This guide will walk you through how to set up a print job in Flexi. This guide is intended for new or novice users of the software. This guide assumes you've already set up your printer. For assistance on that, read: Adding New Printers and Cutters.
Step 1: Create or Import your Artwork
- Using the various design tools in Flexi, design and create your artwork. Here are a few basic tools to get you started:
- Using the Import function, import existing artwork into Flexi Design.
Step 2: Prepare your Print Job
- Click the RIP and Print button:
- Arrange your print job on the media
- Select the width of your Media from the drop down. Select "User Defined" at the bottom to enter in a custom width if you do not see yours. If available, you can click the button to the right of the dropdown and it will automatically pull the width from your cutter. Not all devices support this feature. (Note: it is okay if the length is extremely long, the device won't go past the print job)
- Set the size of the margins to limit where the art can be printed on the media.
- Enter the distance from the margins from step 2 to arrange the artwork on the print.
3a: You can also click and drag the art to place it where you want.
- Select how large you want the artwork to be.
- Choose how many copies you want to print, and then enter the margin between each copy.
- Click "Send". If the "Send mode" drop down shown between steps 2 and 3 is set to "Send now," it will send it to the printer. "Hold in List" will cause it to wait in the Production Manager until you send it.
Step 3: Printing your job
Production Manager will send your job to the printer. All that's left to do is wait for your printer to finish your job.
If you print it out and you are not satisfied with the color of your print, you will need to apply or change your color profile. Read Color Profiles / ICC Profiles for more information. If you are unsure of the color quality you will get, it is recommended you reduce the size of the print if you want to run a test print to ensure good color quality.