(see also: Text Overview and Text Control Points)
The Arc Text Tool will allow you to write text along a circular arc on the inside or outside.
Creating Arc Text
- Select the Arc Text Tool.
- Click and drag to define the radius and center of the circle the text will be positioned on.
- The cursor will be placed at the point where you started when creating the circle.
- Hold Ctrl and drag to draw the circle from the center point.
- Hold Shift and drag to constrain the Starting Angle.
- Type the text.
- Hit Enter to move to the bottom side of the arc. See below for more options regarding this.
Arc Text Settings
The Art Text Tool changes DesignCentral with the standard Character and Paragraph tabs (explained in the Text Overview article), plus a third tab, the arc tab. You can combine many of the effects below.
Increases or decreases the radius of the arc from the center point for a flatter or rounder arc, respectively.
Determines the starting point along the arc for the text. Default is 90°, at the top.
Determines the placement of the next line of text.
- The Top/Bottom Style can only produce 2 lines of text
- The Multiple Lines Style can produce as many lines as there is space for. Increase the radius to allow for more room. The Lines will work toward the center, but will not cross it.
Top/Bottom Style Multiple Lines Style
Determines where the first line is on the arc.
First Line on Top First Line on Bottom
Determines the alignment of the first line of text in relation to the arc.
First Line Above Circle First Line on Circle First Line Below Circle
Article is closed for comments.